skip to content

Former Travelers Rest Hotel in Jerilderie

Towns and suburbs close to Jerilderie | Hotels in Jerilderie

Former Travelers Rest Hotel

Former Travelers Rest Hotel

From the History Board

The Village of Jerilderie was first settled by John & Fanny Powell, who kept a Hotel known as the Travelers Rest. Throughout the 1860's the Travelers Rest served as a Hotel, Store and as a stop for coaches traveling between Deniliquin and Wagga Wagga.

Powell pushed the Government to make a formal survey of the village, which took place in 1864. later the Hotel was rebuilt and renamed "The Albion". This hotel was de-licensed in 1921

Former Travelers Rest Hotel

Former Travelers Rest Hotel

Photo 10/07/2010
Photo submitted by Gary Pope, Many Thanks

Powell Street,
Jerilderie
New South wales 2716

Former Travelers Rest Hotel

History Board

Photo 10/07/2010
Photo submitted by Gary Pope, Many Thanks

Former Travelers Rest Hotel

Photo 07/04/2008. Submitted by Jon Graham
Many Thanks

Former Travelers Rest Hotel

History Board

Submitted by Jon Graham
Many Thanks

< Hotels in Jerilderie, New South Wales

Load Comments

<< Gday Pubs Homepage