Nindigully Hotel in Nindigully
Nindigully Hotel (The Gully)
Nindigully Pub claims to be Queensland's oldest hotel in it's original condition and can be found in it's original position on the banks of the Moonie River.
The licence was issued in 1864 after operating as shearers accommodation for the Nindigully Station. This claim comes down to how you define "original condition" and how much renovation means that the building has changed.
It certainly is a classic Qld Pub and well worth a visit.
"NINDIGULLY:Population: six (6) 100% employed hard workers...1 Pub and 3 Houses
- Location:2 Hours from Goondiwindi.. .Roma. ..Moree
- 4 Hours from Toowoomba... .Bourke. ..Armidale
- 6 Hours from Brisbane/Sunshine/Gold Coasts.. .Emerald.. ..Tamworth
- 8 Hours from Rockhampton.. .Longreach. ..Newcastle. ..Innamincka
- Nearest Town: St George 45kilometers north Population 3000 . ...Plenty of beautiful motels
- Claims To Fame:Oldest continually licensed hotel (pub) in Queensland (Licensed 1864) still in its original location & condition.
- Voted Australias Best Country Pub by 4x4 Australia Magazine late 2006.
- Won Balonne Shire Council Buisness of the Year 2006
- Largest Consumption of Liquid Refreshments per head of population in the world
- Largest Caliber (16inch or 400mm) Mortars in Australia (& only ones) fired every new years eve at Nindigully
- Biggest fireworks shows in the bush every new years eve..8pm and midnight totalling over 21 minutes
Our towns logo is "come as a stranger leave as a friend" and we mean it
Free camping on the banks of the Moonie River (in front of the pub) and hot showers and cold toilets (at the Pub)
US: Burnsie and Family moved to the area 2002"
New Years Eve
MOST YEARS: people stay 1 to 5 nights sleeping in their swags...tents or motorhomes/caravans on the banks of the full moonie river
Celebrate the old and new year together...a forgotten way in the city..here people do celebrate and share
Celebrate with that aussie attitude that is so strong in the bush....lots of fun no problems no dramas...
Sleep where you celebrate bed is only a short walk away...no drink drivers ...no need to drive after you drink
COME OUT AND JOIN US"
- Carnarvon Highway via Thallon
- 07 46259367