Kingsford Hotel in Gawler
"The Kingsford Hotel (originally the Globe Inn) opened for business in 1851. Today it still operates from the original building which is proudly part of the Register of the National Estate and the State Heritage Register. Over the years the hotel has been upgraded and extended but the historical features of the building have been carefully preserved. For example the building retains the fine cast iron verandah and lacework which was added to the hotel in the 1880's and manufactured in Gawler's famous Thompson's Eagle Foundry.
The hotel was renamed "Kingsford" in 1958 after the historic property just north of Gawler which was established by Stephen King, one of the towns original settlers."
- Courtesy the Hotel Website
- Bars - Front, Saloon, Sports
- Two AlFresco Beer gardens (under glass)
Photo submitted by Peter Simpfendorfer, Many Thanks
- 32 Murray St
South Australia 5118
- 08 8522 1687