Hotels in Cue, Western Australia
Once known as the “Queen of the Murchison” the grand old lady was built in 1895 in the Victorian Georgian Style with an additional storey added in 1935 and is the only operating Hotel in Cue, serving first class meals and chilled beverages...
- Lot 101 Austin Street
- 08 9963 1020
- Check Availability »
Located 620km North East of Perth, Cue is a small town in the Mid West region of Western Australia.
The town site was gazetted in 1893 and named after Tom Cue who travelled to Nannine to register a Gold Claim on behalf of Michael Fitzgerald and Edward Heffernan who reportedly collected 260 ounces after being given a nugget by an Aboriginal known as 'Governor'. It is believed that Gold was discovered in 1892 though there is uncertainty as to who made the first find.
In 1895 the town had three ten head stamp mills operating around the town these were the Cue Public Battery, Cue One Proprietry, Kangaroo, Lady Mary Amalgamated, Red, White and Blue, Rose of England, Reward and the Cue Victory.
In 1898 Cue was the terminus for the Northern Railway until the route was extended to Meekatharra almost ten years later, and was also the junction for the branch line to Big Bell. The line closed in 1978.